Sunday 7 December 2014

Love, thy true name is Loss



Loss is such a small word.

Yet, one of the most painful to live with.

It comes in all shapes and sizes

Though that doesn’t really matter

As the result is always the same


It’s hard to believe that a moment

Can just come along and

Take all that you love from you

That the joy you hold in your hands

Is fleeting in the face of a four letter word


The loss of a loved one

The end of a friendship

Growing apart in a relationship

You wake up one day to find you’re alone

Acknowledging the pain of loss


Loss is such a small word

But these past months

 It has brought me to my knees

The loss of my father

And the loss of a best friend

It has extinguished all the joy in my heart



3 comments:

  1. I know it doesn't feel like it right now but your joy will return love. Sending hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear of your loss Jaz. Keep the fun and memorable thoughts in mind and after some time, those memories will put a smile on your face instead of tears of sadness. You will be in my prayers for strength to get thru this time in your life. It will take time, possibly a long time to get thru this, but that just proves the great love you have for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My deepest condolences Jaz. You have a beautiful soul, and I hope your pain goes away. Give time a chance to help heal the deep hole in your soul. It will happen.

    ReplyDelete